XBT Tracker future development

The place to talk about the component in general. Reviews, usability or stuff that doesn't fit on the other specific areas.
VisiGod
Site Admin

XBT Tracker future development

Postby VisiGod » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:46 am

Now that the school semester is over and I'm on vacation from work, I've looked again into the component and I will separate the component into a main area and several addons since it will be easier to maintain and debug. Here's the conclusion I've reached so far:

Main component: XBT Tracker frontend

Addons:
- Donations
- Licenses
- Countries
- Comments
- Peer ban
- IP ban
- Download/Upload multiplier
- Peer speed

The core component will work without any of the addons enabled, thus making it easier to test.

I will also change the core code that is "taking care" of the uploaded torrents since the current code is old and buggy. I will use an external php class thus making the code more independent.

I'm also looking at the possibility to separate the user information from the Joomla core #__users table to prevent problems with other components and future updates.

In the next days I will re-read all the forum requests and will put a list of what will be developed and what will not be. If you have any request, it's the right time to write a post about it. If you found any more bugs that aren't reported, I appreciate that you report them. If you want to keep any information private, please send me an email (visigod_AT_visigod_DOT_com) with the bug.